Wednesday 12 October 2016

VANESSA CARLTON The One

Lyrics from iniyaval-iniyaval.blogspot.com
VANESSA CARLTON The One Lyrics, singer by VANESSA CARLTON

Ahhh

Holiday and I come home
I hope to see this boy I know
I can't wait for us to be alone
Flippin' through the radio
We sing along to the indie show
The songs they play mean more than I can say

And the tape I made you,
Hope you think of me when it plays through
I'm kinda sad now that it's done
You think my time is for free
In all the ways you say to me,
Sweet versions of let's wait and see

You're always a golden boy
And I'm the girl that you enjoy
My parents say isn't he a gifted son
Time is always passing
By but still I have to wonder why
You can't come to tell me I'm the one

Summer goes and we have grown
We have our friends,
Live on our own
Still I'm not the girl you want me to be
Say gravity can bend the time,
Funny, I always liked your mind
But this whole thing is crushing me

But you're always a golden boy
And this girl's heart that you destroy
You smile at me and then you have your fun
Time is always passing,
Still, I give you another try
And hope that you will see that I'm the one

You say you're scared to get too close
Come let's see how it goes
I see you now at the show,
The 7th in,
The 7th row
Now you look at me
And see what I've known for so long
Sad that you could be so lovely and so wrong

Came to say that I moved,
I see your face you don't approve
Guess you could say that I'm already gone

But you'll always be my golden boy
And I'm the summer girl that you enjoy
Some melodies are best left undone

I feel the time pass away
But in my songs you will always stay
I don't need you to tell me I'm the one
I don't need you to tell me I'm the one

You'll never know that I was the one


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.